Pages

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Super inspiring…

Today, I wanted to post something super inspiring and uplifting or funny and witty or deep and thought provoking….

Alas, I’m getting NOTHING!

The tops of my feet hurt….from exercising…is that weird or what? I’ve never worked out in a way that made the tops of my feet hurt before. Its an odd sensation…Why in the world would the tops of your feet hurt?

I’m craving creative time today…the last few days have been kind of a whirlwind and I realized again this morning that its been days since I sat down at my scrap table and worked on something nourishing for my soul.

I was on Tina Barricale’s blog today and found her mention of the Lululemon manifesto. Its pretty cool…my favorites are:

Coke, Pepsi and all other pops will be known as the cigarettes of the future. Colas are NOT a substitute for water. Colas are just another cheap drug made to look great by advertising.

Listen, listen, listen, and then ask strategic questions.

SWEAT once a day to regenerate your skin.

Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself.


Since I’ve completely stopped drinking soda, I especially like the first one right now. I KNOW it’s a drug! I can tell by the way I feel without it!
I got to lead on one of the worship songs last night…it is always surprising to me to hear that chatter, chatter, chatter going on in my head when I get ready to do something like this…about my looks, my outfit, my abilities, etc…it like the devil himself is sitting on my right shoulder just talking away. I don’t know if this a new thing or if this little voice has always been there and I’m only just waking up to it and understanding what is going on. I find myself saying, “NOT NOW! I WILL DEAL WITH YOU LATER!” an awful lot!

It feels so amazing to rise above it and sing and soar anyway…to let go of what may or may not be wrong…to be elevated so far above it. “The waves they don’t seem so high, from the top of them looking down.”
Got a GREAT scripture last night:

Bring the full tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house; and thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing. I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil; and your vine in the field shall not fail to bear, says the LORD of hosts.
- Malachi 3:10-11 –

God actually ASKS us to test Him with regard to the tithes. This scripture tells us to bring the tithes and watch him open the windows of heaven to pour blessings upon us…

Wow….

So I guess that’s my super inspiring thing of the day!!!

Hugs to all!!!

No comments: