Pages

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Pass the Potato and California style

Holy cow, this is the cutest thing ever!

THANKS to Beck for turning me on to this…I laughed so hard this!!!

So, here is mine….a virtual Pass the Potato! Make sure you log in and enter your zip code. Let me know if you pass your own potato!

Tara did an entry about June Gloom (a weather pattern specific to SoCal) and about how we dress so funny here. I had to have a good giggle over the comments…

She relates how she overheard a girl in Target talking on her cell about how Californian’s dress so funny – mini skirt, flip flops and a sweatshirt.

Ok, I will admit – as a Colorado girl, I felt the same way when I came here in 1988. I thought it was odd that Californian’s appear to have made the flip flop mandatory.

We have the standard $3 drug store flip flops for going to the grocery. They get kicked off at the front door upon entering and never ever see the closet.
Casual

We have the dress casual flip flops that can be worn to work or church.
Dress

We have fancy flip flops that can actually be worn to full dress occasions.
Red

We have “athletic” flip flops…
Sprot

And flip flops with flowers…
Flowers

And sparkles…
Spangles

In suede…
Sparkles

And colored gold…
Gold

Even earthy…
Earthy

They are definitely a wardrobe staple!

No matter where I go, I can usually spot those that have lived in California… “the look” is sort of an eye-catcher, ya know?

So, here’s to June Gloom and to our flip flops!

And Praise God that there is Payless so that I can have at least one pair of every style flip flop available for a reasonable price.

And yes, I DO own a pair of flip flops perfect for every occasion! I guess that means I'm a California Girl now...

Happy Day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I passed your potato, Felecia! LOL

Flip flops...I don't own one pair! Of course, we don't need very long in Wisconsin. LOL But, I can't stand the little thing between my toes. I go for the slides, instead. Although, I have to admit that there are some cute flip flops out there.