Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Flashdance

Ok...so today I took a vacation day for one and ONLY one reason....STAR WARS!!!!

We've had our tickets for a few weeks.

Scott went to stand in line at 6...I got coffee and went to stand in line around 7:45.

We met some nice people in line.

We got great seats.

It was awesome...and as a person who is a Star Wars fan by proxy - meaning I'm married to a REAL fan - it made SO MUCH about the story make sense. Now, i'm ready to see Episodes IV, V, and VI again. I think I'll enjoy them much more now that I know all that darn backstory!

And then, this afternoon I found FLASHDANCE!!!

6300214184.01.LZZZZZZZ

Did anyone besides me want to BE Jennifer Beals.

I've always lamented because I WANT to have the body of a dancer.

Alas, even when I was my thinnest, there was not a dancer's body in here.

Still, this movie came out when I was 13 and at the time, I was still hopeful for that dancers body!

DH made a comment today about my butt. The largeness of it, to be specific.

If you read the comments about being a fat child a few days ago, you might understand why this was upsetting to me. Somehow, I still have that in me....

Its driven me to be WAY to thin (drug induced, I might add) and so despondent that I've weighed 20 pounds more than I do now. Which, incidently is 30 pounds more than I should weight and 50 pounds more than I wish I could weigh.

I've got an entire slew of pictures that you would look at and say, "Who is that? That can't be YOU!"

So...Flashdance...I've been watching in awe and dreaming of that dancers body...I'm thinking I'm going to go find "Maniac" on the internet and dance around my living room to it. In my own living room, I'll always be Jennifer Beals!

But DH is home and frankly I don't have the energy to spend on the worry that he might come out and see my big butt dancing around.

So...I'm indulging in a Flashdance chair dance and a delightful memeory from 13 where there was still hope that I could have a dancers body, when it was still possible.

Cheers!!!

No comments: