Pages

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Easing into 35

I’m easing into 35…Mom said, “Oh, my! YOU’RE 35!!!” and the only retort I had was, “So how old does that make you?” sorry Mom…but it brought something to mind…I’m not as old as the calendar says I am…I still use the phrase, “I know you are, but what am I?” (obviously) and it got me thinking about all the things I don’t do anymore and all that I still do..

I don’t do alcohol anymore….Thank God, because there are years I can’t remember.
But I do drink LOTS of Coffee…Ok, I’ve traded “relaxed” for “jazzed.” That works…
I don’t sleep all day on Saturdays anymore
But I still take naps…
I don’t eat cold pizza for breakfast
But I still have pizza for DINNER once a week
I don’t run around the house with a squirt gun
But I still long to…note to self: BUY SQUIRT GUN!!!
I don’t color in color books
But I still cut, paste, draw and paint (YEA, SCRAPBOOKING!)
I don’t buy nose-bleed heels because they are SOOOO CUTE!
But I still buy athletic shoes because they are SOOOO CUTE!!!
I don’t ride my bike up and down the driveway anymore,
But I still ride my bike – as often as possible.
I don’t collect trinkets, baubles, or stuffies
But I do collect the memories that they represent
I don’t own even one set of crayons,
But I do own SEVERAL sets of colored pens.
I still have to do the laundry, dust and clean the bathrooms (my childhood chores!)
I still love dogs!
I still LOVE LOVE LOVE cartoons and movies for children.
I still love to read – and especially love to read children’s books.
I still collect song lyrics in notebooks for future reference.
I still paint my toenails baby blue and lavender and orange.
I still like tickle fights.
I still dream of a home by the ocean.
I still love to listen to rock bands really loud and sing along.
I still secretly wish I was a ballerina.
I still long for that stroke of creative genius.
I still believe in Santa Clause.

On that note, I think its save to say some things just aren’t worth giving up…no matter how hold you get!

No comments: