Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Have you ever been tested?

Not the good-morning-class-get-out-your-pencils-time-for-a-pop-quiz test. Not a can't-you-read-my-mind-and-do-what-I'm-thinking-because-I'm-testing-you test.

I'm talking about the-forces-of-Good-and-Evil-have-placed-a-bet-on-you kind of test. Your insides coil up, rebel against you and you hear voices in your head...its just not pretty. Last night, I was tested...the Good-and-Evil test. Over money, no less.

Ever since I heard about Joyce Meyer and the shopping carts, I ALWAYS put my shopping cart away. If you can't be trusted with the little things, then how could you be trusted with the big things? If you don't put away your shopping cart how can you be trusted to handle the next thing?

So here's the story - I wasn't charged for an item at a craft store. The voices telling me that the bill wasn't right followed me to the car and then chased me down the freeway for over 10 miles. If you can't be trusted with the little things, then how can you be trustd with bigger things? I got off the freeway. I turned around. I drove all the way back to the craft store and took the freebee back inside. I endured that look from the checker because I WANTED her to charge me. I passed.

No comments: